Normandy, Brittany and the Loire Valley (Preview 2019)
Additional Included Highlights
- See the cathedral, the Great Clock, the Old Market square and Place du Vieux-Marché where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake.
- See this charming fishing town.
- See the remains of the artificial Mulberry Harbour at Arromanches and drive along the D-Day landing beaches.
- Enjoy the chance to walk along the fortifications and explore the cities nightlife at your leisure.
- See the imposing Châteaux of Saumur, Angers and Ussé.
- Enjoy an orientation of the French capital with the chance to see Notre Dame Cathedral, the facades of the Louvre, Place de la Concorde and the Arc de Triomphe.
- River Seine, Normandy, Brittany, Loire Valley
- Normandy: Just a short drive from the Arromanches and the seaside, in the heart of countryside, you will arrive at L'Auberge des Monts. Here you will enjoy a delicious Farm-to-Table Dinner of traditional, regional cuisine, with a careful selection of locally-sourced ingredients and served with local wines in an authentic setting and warm atmosphere.
- Saumur: Fun and informative, discuss the grape varieties and local terroir while sampling wines of the Loire Valley.
- Loire Valley: Your chateau hotel enjoys a high standard of creative cuisine and is featured in many prestigious food guides. Experience it for yourself with an elegant Celebration Dinner of fresh, seasonal produce and wine.
- Dining Summary: 7 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Villandry: Beside the Cher River stands Villandry Castle, surrounded by France’s finest formal gardens.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Saint-Malo: Hotel Le Nouveau Monde is a 4-star hotel, perfectly located in the heart of Saint-Malo, facing the sea and close to the old town.
- Saint Patrice, Loire Valley: Stay two fabulous nights at the Château de Rochecotte in the Loire Valley, the former private estate of Prince Tallyrand and the Duchess of Dino. Sit with a drink on the terrace and enjoy the beautiful setting or take a stroll through the magnificent gardens.
Top Rated Highlights
- Bayeux: See the famous and unique 70-metre-long tapestry that tells the story of the Battle of Hastings in 1066.
- Normandy Beaches: Join an emotive journey tracing the story of the D-Day landings See the remains of the artificial Mulberry Harbour at Arromanches and with a Local Expert visit the American Military Cemetery at St-Laurent-sur-Mer, the D-Day Museum and the bunkers at Pointe du Hoc.
- Mont-Saint-Michel: Savour your first sight of the fortified island of Mont-Saint-Michel. Cross the causeway for a guided tour with your Local Expert through the maze of halls and vaults of the abbey.
- Saint-Malo: Your Local Expert guides you trough the intertwined streets of the walled city to arrive at the cathedral. Later enjoy the chance to walk along the fortifications and explore the cities nightlife at your leisure.
- Château d'Ussé: Visit the fairytale castle that was Charles Perrault's inspiration for his tale 'Sleeping Beauty'.
- Chartres: Inside magnificent Chartres Cathedral, marvel at the stained-glass windows, a riot of rich blues and reds, justly considered the finest medieval glass in France.
- Bastille Day: Join in the Bastille Day celebrations commemorating the French Revolution, and witness the remarkable display of fireworks lighting up the warm summer sky.
- Honfleur: See this charming fishing town.
- Loire Valley: As you travel through the beautiful French countryside you will see the imposing Châteaux of Saumur as well as Angers.
- Paris: See Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, facades of the Louvre, the River Seine and its romantic bridges, the obelisk in the centre of the Place de la Concorde and enjoy a drive along the Champs Elysées to the Arc de Triomphe.
- Rouen: See the cathedral, the Great Clock, the Old Market square and Place du Vieux-Marché where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake.
- Scenic Drives: Fall in love with the French countryside as you travel along the River Seine and through Normandy, Brittany and the Loire Valley.