Ways to Cruise More Sustainably
Did you know that simply by doing something better, you may help make travel more responsible? Giving up your favourite travel method can sometimes be the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the phrases responsible or sustainable tourism. That isn't always the case, though. Sometimes it's as simple as choosing most suitable cruise line.
Identifying which cruise lines prioritize sustainability can be difficult due to the large number of options available. However, our purpose is to assist you in this regard. We are here to provide guidance and support.
To cruise more sustainably, consider the following:
1. Pick a cruise line that is firmly committed to sustainability and moral behaviour.
2. Watch how much water and electricity you use on the ship.
3. Use recycling wherever possible and dispose of trash appropriately (ask when booking how the cruise line reduces it's trash and how it is disposed of)
4. When visiting ports, pick eco-friendly shore excursions and patronize local businesses.
5. Honour the local traditions and culture of the places you visit.
Being conscious of the effects your choices and actions have on the environment, the communities you visit, and those who work in the tourism sector is a key component of ethical cruising.
Reach out to us. We would love to help you find the best cruise the both fills your needs and leaves less impact.